The sun is shining, and the sweat is rolling as I sit here on our Back Porch today. The All Star game is over and in our league as in the MLB, the (KC) Yankees sit at the top of the standings. The True Blue Brew Crew is trying to fight off the Chefs that keeping Swingin’ away at them. But The Good Gnus for the crew is that they are staying one step ahead and are hoping to Spawn another championship this year. The crew won it all in 2021 but we all know that in the end God’s Gonna Win! The real buzz this year is the onslaught of Eddy’s Bees. They continue to attack us on the Back Porch but we have Big Ash Bats that we use to help us fight them off. To drown out the noise of the busy bee buzz we throw on Steve Bartman’s Head Set and use a powerful Big Red Machine to avoid being stung. The ash trees near the Back Porch provide us some peaceful shade in this sweltering, bee infested heat but those trees also house Crow’s who Crush our ability to just relax and enjoy some baseball. I sure wish I could escape this heat and join my fellow Beach Bums for a dip in the ocean. Or maybe use my daily Per Diehms to grab a vanilla cone from Kit and Dottie, the Queens of Luash Dairy. I could then come back refreshed to Dongtown with Clubbers in hand ready to fend off any Deuser’s looking from some Bruisers. And I’d #DoItForAce back here in KC because that’s how we roll! But if the heat becomes too unbearable here on the Back Porch, I’ll hop on a plane to Nagoya. The fire from their local Chunichi Dragons can’t be any hotter than this July BPL heat….or can it? I guess the second half of our season will let us know!

No comments:
Post a Comment