I hope today is finding you well! Each week we seem to learn about new opportunities on how to do life. Many of our families are working through what back to school is going to look like this year. Can I ask that you join me in prayer for these families and students and teachers? The 2020-21 school year will look nothing like it has in the past, but we have the opportunity to embrace those changes together as a church and as a community.
A few years ago, my wife planned for me an AWESOME surprise party for my birthday. I had hit the big 4-0 and she wanted to make it a special day. She succeeded! Many friends and family members showed up at a park to play softball, eat some food, and watch me blow out a lot of candles on a cake. I was overwhelmed by the number of people who chose to gather on a warm August day to celebrate with me. My family and friends knew the date, time, and what was to transpire during the party. They all planned, executed and showed up well. It was a great day! This year as I reflected on my surprise birthday party, I began to think about the ULTIMATE surprise party…the return of Jesus!
In Matthew 14, just after Jesus had washed the feet of his disciples and told them of His betrayal by one of them, He attempted to comfort them. Jesus reminded them that He was going to His Father’s house to prepare a room for them and that one day He would be back. Jesus reminded His disciples that they knew where He was going. He also said to them in Matthew 14:6-7 “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. If you really know me, you will know my Father as well. From now on, you do know him and have seen him.” Jesus was letting the disciples know that a party was coming. He told them where it would be. And He also told them what they needed to do to prepare for the party. They only catch was they would not know the day nor the hour of His return.
Did you know that you too are invited to this same surprise party when Jesus will come back? You and I have been given an invitation to be there. Over 2000 years ago Jesus came to earth so that all of us would know Him and to make a way for us. His paid with His life so that we all will have a place in His Father’s house. We are invited to know Him and follow in His ways. And someday, God will surprise us all with His return. I want to be ready for that party and I want you to be there too. It’s not easy to plan for a party when we don’t know the hour or the date. But we have the opportunity to work together, learn from one another, and live our lives with accountability daily so that we are ready when He returns. The days may drag on at times but trust me, the surprise will be so worth it! When we may least expect it, the celebration of His return will begin! I want to be there with you, and I want to see my friends, my family, my neighbors, and yes even my enemies at the party! Let’s work together TODAY to be ready for the ULTIMATE surprise party that will happen! I’ll leave you with a few party planning ideas.
Surprise party planning activities:
- Read the Bible
- Pray
- Learn as much as you can about Jesus and do what He did
- Invite Jesus into your heart
- Invite others to learn about Jesus
- Find a few men to do the above activities with you
Jesus told His disciples that He would be back! He will be back! He never lets us down! Please join me in preparing for this ULTIMATE surprise party and make sure that NO MAN IS LEFT BEHIND!

No comments:
Post a Comment