Monday, April 27, 2020
Have you ever stopped and watched a top spin?
Happy Monday! I hope you are doing terrific today! It is hard to believe that just 7 weeks ago we shook hands in church and gathered together to worship in person. It seems like it has been much longer than that. I miss seeing your faces and hearing about your weeks. Although I may be considered an introvert, I do long to fellowship with others again. We’ll be back together soon; I believe that!
Have you ever played with a top? A top is a toy that has been around for over 6000 years. It is very simple. You just use your fingers or string to start it spinning and then you watch it spin. There is nothing fancy, sophisticated, or even technical about it (outside of its balanced design). But a top is very eloquent when it is perfectly balanced and spinning at high rates. It will wobble ever so slightly but remains centered and upright. Its energy eventually dwindles, and then it begins to shake and fall. A top cannot get back up on its own. It takes a gentle hand to reach down put it back on its balanced trajectory of beauty.
You and I are like a top. Spinning ever so gracefully as God designed us to do. And when we are balanced and moving with grace, I can imagine God resting His chin in His hands and just watching us with a gigantic smile, mesmerized by the beauty of His creation and joy. But we cannot start and restart on our own. We need help to get going and stay moving. Without hesitation when we shake and fall, God reaches down with His tender hands and gently gives us the energy we need to spin again.
Over these past 7 weeks you may have felt like your life is out of balance. Daily changes in your “normalcy” may have induced some wobbles or possibly even some falls. It is okay. You were perfectly designed to move for God! He is right there with His chin rested in His hands watching you and ready to lend a gentle hand.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2022 Back Porch League Annual Story in the Standings
The sun is shining, and the sweat is rolling as I sit here on our Back Porch today. The All Star game is over and in our league as in ...
-
Dear Jesus, What were You thinking? You came to this earth to be with us and save us from our sins. You were already here! Why did Y...
-
Last week I shared with you about it being easier to convince a 60-year-old man to run a marathon than it was to lead him to Jesus ( http://...

No comments:
Post a Comment