I hope you are staying warm today! The title of today’s discussion should have caught your attention. Men were designed to lead the household, but there is more to it than just everybody following us.
My wife and I began leading a small group through the book “Kingdom Marriage” by Tony Evans. If you are married and have not read it yet, go get it today. If you have been married or plan on getting married anytime in the future, go get it today. I am only three chapters in, and I am already learning how to be a better man of Christ. I cannot wait to see what I learn in the next ten chapters.
1 Corinthians 11:3 says, “But I want you to realize that the head of every man is Christ, and the head of the woman is man, and the head of Christ is God.” You may have heard this scripture reference before. This verse sets up the order God created for Christ, man and woman. God is the authority over Christ, Christ is the authority over man, and man is the authority over woman. When that order is respected and maintained, a marriage can flourish. When any part of the order gets out of line, the marriage can really begin to struggle. This is a biblical reference. This is not an “old school approach” or “archaic” thought. God design man and woman in His image and His design holds true today just as it did on the first day Eve was introduced to Adam. But men, before you go home and exhibit your authority, read the first part of the verse again. It says,” the head of every man is Christ”. Are you letting Christ lead you?
The order of authoritative position must all be intact for God’s design to work properly. If you are not allowing Christ to lead your every move, then you cannot expect your wife to faithfully follow your lead. That is how Tony Evans interprets this scripture and I must admit I agree with him. My wife and I are coming up on our 19th wedding anniversary. Over that 19 years we have learned a lot about leadership within our home. Often, she has asked me to take on the role of spiritual leader in our home. I understood that was important and didn’t always know what that looked like. And I must admit, sometimes I even viewed that as her just trying to tell me what to do. But this was all caused by us not living out 1 Corinthians 11. When my wife is not seeing me spend time with God and seeking His direction in all things that I do, it is difficult for her to follow my lead because she does not know if it comes from Christ or man. Simply put when my wife knows I am seeking God’s will in all that I do, she can trust that I will lead her in the manner God designed it to be. That is our responsibility. That is our role. That is our design. We are to allow Christ to be the head over us as men! Here are some things that I think we can do to let Christ lead us.
- Pray daily
- Read your bible daily
- Give all praise to God
- Allow other men of Christ to mentor you
- Pursue God’s purpose constantly in your relationship
We were made in the imagine of God! Our wives were made in the image of God! Our marriages are covenants with God and should reflect His will in all that we do. If we expect our wives to follow us, they first need to see that we are following Christ in all that we do. Please join me in securing God’s legacy from this day forward. Allow Christ to lead you. When this happens, we are fulfilling our role in God’s order for us here on earth! Have a wonderful day and Let’s work together as MEN ON THE ROOF to ensure NO MAN IS LEFT BEHIND!

No comments:
Post a Comment