I want to share with you today something that has been on my heart for the past few weeks. I was having a meal with a good friend at IHOP a few weeks ago and we were discussing privilege. At work and in our society, we have heard a lot about various forms of privilege over the past few years. We are asked at times to recognize the privileges we benefit from and even asked to denounce them in some cases. Today I want to admit that I benefit from Love Privilege! You heard me correct. I am loved and I benefit from that each day!
The Merriam-Webster dictionary defines privilege as “a right or immunity granted as a peculiar benefit, advantage, or favor” to a person or a group. In other words, when you have a certain privilege, you benefit above and beyond somebody else who does not experience that same benefit. I benefit from being loved. Fortunately for me I have felt loved by my grandparents, parents, and family over the course of my life. I’m also loved by my wife and children. Although I am thankful and grateful for those people in my life loving me, I am most thankful that I am loved by God. The love that He has for us can be found all over the scriptures. God so loved us that He sent His only Son to die for us (John 3:16). We love because He first loved us (1 John 4:19). And below you can read from Romans the peace you can experience knowing that you are loved by God.
Romans 5:1-5: “Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand. And we boast in the hope of the glory of God. Not only so, but we also glory in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not put us to shame, because God’s love has been poured out into our hearts through the Holy Spirit, who has been given to us.”
So why do I say that I am privileged because I am loved? There are some people in this world that do not know God and the bible shows us that we can experience peace in His love. And if the peace from God’s love isn’t enough, science backs up these truths. According to WebMD the human body experiences at least ten health benefits from being loved. Here they are in no particular order.
- Fewer Doctor’s Visits
- Less Depression & Substance Abuse
- Lower Blood Pressure
- Less Anxiety
- Natural Pain Control
- Better Stress Management
- Fewer Colds
- Faster Healing
- Longer Life
- Happier Life
God loves you! You need to know that today, tomorrow, and forever. There is a peace that surpasses all understanding when you grasp this truth. Help me share this amazing news with others so that everybody can experience the PRIVILEGE of LOVE!

No comments:
Post a Comment