Monday, July 13, 2020

"There ain't no stopping love"


Men,
This Friday is Good Friday.  It’s the day we stop to remember the crucifixion of our Savior Jesus Christ.  I hesitate to call this day a celebration because it’s a somber part of the life of Jesus, but we also know it was necessary.  Our Savior needed to die in order to be resurrected! 
Today I was listening to the song “Golgotha Hill (King of Love)” by David Crowder.  I’ve posted a link to it below.  Here are the lyrics to the first verse:
“It's a long road up Golgotha Hill
It's a long road up Golgotha Hill
It's a long road, all terror and tears
But there ain't no stopping love

I haven’t been able to get that vision of out my mind today.  Here was Jesus, beaten and bloodied but still carrying His cross up the hill to Calvary.  The pain had to be unbearable.  But He endured it for us.  Nothing was going to stop Him from finishing the work He’d been sent here to do.  He loved us too much!  The song goes on to say:
“On a rugged cross, Jesus bled
On a rugged cross, Jesus bled
The sky went dark and the moon turned red
But there ain't no stopping love
He said
You can spit on me
Put your crown on me
Put your whip on me
I'm paying it all on Calvary”

Have you ever loved someone so much that you’d do anything for them?  You’d protect them, guard them, fight for them, work for them, bleed for them, and even give up your life for them.  I want to believe I’d do that for my wife and kids and many others.  It would be hard!  Amidst the pain and torture and beating and blood I’m sure in my mind I’d want to give up, but I tell my self I wouldn’t.  I would try to recall their faces and hope to find the strength to carry on.  I pray that I never have to go through that type of pain and find out how I’d respond.  I pray that you too would never have to ensure such a situation.  Jesus did.

There is no doubt in my mind that, as Jesus climbed that long road up Golgotha Hill, He didn’t waiver.  He knew what He had to do.  It wasn’t easy.  His love for us was so strong that there was no stopping Him.  The soldiers couldn’t stop Him.  The pain couldn’t stop Him.  The devil couldn’t stop Him.  And as we’ll celebrate next Sunday, the stone was rolled away because the grave couldn’t stop Him!  Jesus loves us so much that He endured this all for you and for me.  Let’s remember that this week….there ain’t no stopping love!

No comments:

Post a Comment

2022 Back Porch League Annual Story in the Standings

  The sun is shining, and the sweat is rolling as I sit here on our Back Porch today.   The All Star game is over and in our league as in ...