Friday, June 5, 2020

“Center Pew” (to the tone of “Centerfield” by John Fogerty)


Well, beat the drum and hold the phone
The Son came out that day
We're free again, there’s no one in the tomb.
He’s risen up, and headed for home
It's a blue-eyed handsome man

Anyone can understand the way I feel

Oh, put me in, Coach
I'm ready to pray today
Put me in, Coach
I'm ready to pray today
Look at me, I can be Center Pew

Well, I spent some time in Exodus 9
Reading it from the bench
You know I took some lumps when the faithful Moses struck out

So say hey, Pharoah
Let them go, God is on their side.
Don't say it ain't so
You know the time is now.

Oh, put me in, Coach
I'm ready to pray today
Put me in, Coach
I'm ready to pray today
Look at me, I can be Center Pew

He had a simple sling, a bag of stones, and a faith that could not move
David could not lose ‘cause God was on his side
Just to sling the ball and watch him fall
A moment in the sun
He’s a-gone
And you can tell that one goodbye!
Oh, put me in, Coach
I'm ready to pray today
Put me in, Coach
I'm ready to pray today
Look at me, I can be Center Pew


“Center Pew” (to the tone of “Centerfield” by John Fogerty)
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

2022 Back Porch League Annual Story in the Standings

  The sun is shining, and the sweat is rolling as I sit here on our Back Porch today.   The All Star game is over and in our league as in ...